Antipasti Platter Ingredients, Tips, and Tricks are a “win-win” for your next Party Victory!
Bring on the Delicious Cured Meats from Italy and Spain, Sinful, Yummy Cheeses, Tasty Marinated Veggies and Succulent Seafood Treats.
So go out to your local upscaled deli or grocery…they always have the coolest stuff. Think 4-6 oz. of ingredients per person. Also remember to add some rustic breads, savory crackers and crostini.
Think out of the box! Textures and variety matters…it’s not just salami and cheese. Bring marinated seafood treats, marinated olives, and peppers to the platter.
These Antipasti Combination ideas will assist you to achieve “Your Art” of assembling a fabulous antipasti platter.
- Large to Extra-Large Platter: Oblong, Oval, Square, or Round
- String or Twine (36″-48″ in length)
- 2-3 small bowls or unique vessels to hold olives, nuts, slathers/spreads, jams, or pickled items.
- 2 Small tongs, small spoons and/or forks for self-service
- 8-12 Small plates
- 24 oz of Cured Meats (salami, spicy capocollo, prosciutto/Spanish jambon, ham mortadella, and bresaola)
- 16 oz of Assorted Cheeses (Parmigiano-Reggiano, Dolci Gorgonzola, Fontina, Drunken Goat, Manchego, Fresh Mozzarella, Fresh Ricotta…etc)
- Assorted Roasted Peppers, Olives, Marinated Mushrooms and Chick Peas, Caper-berries, Marinated Sardines, Marinated Mussels, Pickled Veggies…etc.
- Roasted Nuts (Almonds or Hazelnuts), Bread sticks, Olive Oil Tarallinis (Twisted Wheat Savory Treats), Flat breads…etc.
- Jams, Preserves, Honey, Pinzimonio (Herb. Spiced, Balsamic, Dipping EVVO)
Want another trick to achieve a gorgeous antipasti display?
Use string! Drape it across your platter to create undulating shapes. Then fill those shapes with the ingredients. You can slip the string out once the ingredients are in position.
Use string to make an artful antipasti arrangement. Fill ingredients within the shapes and pull the string out when you’re finished arranging.