Trust me on this chewy crispy ginger snap for a long lasting ginger flavor. Perfect on a cold day with a warm cup of tea. What makes these cookies over the top…flavored with rich spices of cloves, ginger, cinnamon, rich dark molasses, and plus crystallized ginger chips then rolled in sparkling sugar. On the first bite…the texture is crisp and sweet from the sparkling sugar…then you dive deep into rich chewy ginger nirvana.
Makes about 2 dozen
2 1/4 C AP Flour (King Arthurs)
1/2 t Cloves, ground 1 t Cinnamon, Saigon
1 t Ginger
2 t Baking soda
1/2 t Salt
3/4 C Butter, soften
1 C Brown Sugar
1/4 C Dark Molasses
1 xlg Egg, beaten
3 1/2 oz. Crystallized Ginger Chips
1/2 C + Sparkling Sugar (King Arthurs)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line sheet pan with parchment paper.
2. Shift dry ingredients onto another piece of parchment paper for easy transport to standing mixture.
3. Cream butter, then add brown sugar, egg, molasses, and mix well.
4. Slowly add shifted dry ingredients, mix well.
5. Follow with crystallized ginger chips and blend well.
6. Chill dough for one hour.
7. With a small ice cream scoop form dough into balls and roll well in sparkling sugar. Place on prepared sheet pan with parchment.
8. Bake for 10-12 minutes.