or EVOO Pasta with Cheese
Bucatini pasta makes the best rendition for oily, slippery intestines…right? You betcha baby! And the addition of magical herbs and toxic cheese is a must for any Halloween spread.
Bucatini is a thick spaghetti-type of flat cut pasta, but it’s considered a macaroni because of the hole in the middle. It is a more hearty pasta and holds up to any type of sauce.
Who doesn’t like hot steaming pasta tossed with an ample amount good EVOO (extra virgin olive oil), Italian parsley, basil, crushed red pepper, and showered with Locatelli Pecorino Romano cheese and fresh cracked black pepper? No one! The anser is no one doesn’t like this creepy, crawly dish!
This Halloween-themed dish is all part of my outrageous Halloween pumpkin centerpiece and Halloween Buffet Menu including Frankenstein’s Bones, Eggs in Purgatory, Charred Garden Veggies, Maggot Salad, and Red Devil Cake with Green Slime Icing. Spoooooooky!
- Large stock pot
- Pasta scoop or fork
- Measuring cup
- Chef knife
- Cheese grater
- 1 lb. Bucatini pasta
- 2/3 C Extra virgin olive oil, approximately
- 5 cloves of garlic, pureed or minced
- 1 T crushed red pepper
- 1/2 C Italian parsley, chopped
- 1/4 C basil, chiffonade (stack leaves, roll up, and cut into ribbons)
- 1 C Locatelli Pecorino Romano cheese, grated *
- 1 t fresh cracked black pepper
Chef Gerrie’s Notes:
* Locatelli Pecorino Romano: Locatelli is the US brand name of the famous sheep’s milk (Pecorino translation) for Romano cheese. It’s hard and dense with a strong, sharp flavor. Perfect pairing with a rich ragu sauce.
Bring salted water to a strong boil in large stock pot. Drop pasta and stir frequently with pasta scoop. Cook until el dente.
2. Drain pasta in the colander and place back in pot. Add olive oil, garlic puree, and crushed red pepper. Sauté over very low heat.
3. Sprinkle with herbs and cheese. Dig in and get your forks a twirling!
Intestine topped with herbs and cheese.
Oily intestines tossed with charred veggies and served with Frankenstein’s bones…Eeeeek!
Full Halloween menu buffet alongside outrageous Halloween pumpkin centerpiece
Looks like we’re ready to party!