Pretty in Pink Deviled Eggs are just the perfect way to showcase spicy avocados and sweet pickled beets.
The sweetness from the pickled beet eggs, will send you to the moon!
The buttery flavor of the avocados, the spiciness of jalapeños, carrots, onions, and roasted red peppers will make you scream.
These pickled pink babies stand out like no other deviled eggs.
Try a corn and black bean salsa or crabmeat in those pink ladies.
You need to buy 2 – 32oz of pickled beets
- Dash rapid 12 egg cooker *
- Large mixing bowl, for ice water bath to chill eggs
- Medium mixing bowl, filling
- Small mixing bowl, topping
- Paring knife
- Chef knife
- Food processor
- Rubber spatular
- Measuring spoons and cups
- Small/Tiny teaspoon, for topping
- Tweezer, garnishing with cilantro
- Disposable pastry bag with small fluted or plain tip *
- Egg platter
- 12 Lg Eggs *
- 2 Qts Pickled Beet Juice *, 2- 32oz. sweet pickled beets, Reserve Juice and save jars Save beets for another use.
- 2 T Cream Cheese
- 1/3 C Mayonnaise
- 1/2 t “Yellow” Sriracha, from Thailand *
- 2 t Dijon mustard
- 1 T Rice wine vinegar
- Fresh ground Sea Salt and White Pepper to taste
- 1/2 C Red Pimientos, drained, cut small diced 1/4″ (garnish)
- 1/2 C Pickled Jalapeños slices, onions and carrots from can, cut small diced 1/4″ (garnish)
- 1 Avocado, cut diced 1/4″ (garnish)
- 1/4 C Cilantro, minced (garnish)
- Juice of a Lime
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper to taste
Chef Gerrie's Notes
*Dash Rapid 12 Egg Cooker this is a great little machine. It steams up to 12 hard or soft boiled, poaches 7 eggs, and/or makes a frittata or open omelette. With the help of a tiny needle insertion,perfectly cooked eggs every time! Just plunge the eggs as soon as they are done in ice cold water…shells just peel right off. It is a must have for the devil egg lovers! * Eggs, well this is optional, but I boil up a few extra to have more yolk volume in my filling…bigger fill * Disposable pastry bag with small fluted or plain tip is optional, but it sure makes those deviled eggs gorgeous beauties. And the deposable bags are great…just trow them away…But save the tips. This package may be a bit much…but who knows you may be the next cake decorator of the world! * Pick your favorite sweet pickle beets. You will need 2 quarts. Drain and save juice and beets (for other use). Save the jars and lids. Each jar will hold 6 eggs. Once you peel your hard boiled eggs, dry them, drop into beet juice and let marinade over night. * Yellow Sriracha
- Hard boil 12 Eggs.
- Chill eggs in Ice water. Then peel and dry eggs. Place 6 whole eggs into quart jars of pickle beet juice. Screw on lid Marinate over night in refrigerator.
- While eggs are cooking, dice small (1/4″) pickled jalapeños, also onions and carrots from can.
- Drain and pat dry pickled eggs. Slice in half and remove yolks.
- Combine yolks and process in mayonnaise, cream cheese, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper .
- Pipe yolk mixture into egg white halves.
- Dice avocado into 1/4″, sprinkle with lime juice, drain.
- Garnish each egg half with diced pickled Jalapeños, onions, carrots, avocados, pimentos, and minced cilantro.