Mumbai Deviled Eggs sounds curried to me.
These Mumbai Deviled Eggs deliver lip-smacking flavors of exotic curry and spices, garnished with a delicious tomato chutney.
You can’t eat just one… a perfect blend of sweet and spicy flavors!
The trick is to roast the spices prior to grinding!
This brings all the oils and aromas to level of foodgasm.
Just start with the basic deviled egg recipe (see Deviled Eggs My Way) and developed your Mumbai Deviled Eggs.
- Dash rapid 12 egg cooker *
- Large mixing bowl, for ice water bath to chill eggs
- Medium mixing bowl, filling
- Small mixing bowl, topping
- Small sauté pan
- Coffee grinder *
- Paring knife
- Chef knife
- Food processor
- Rubber spatular
- Measuring spoons and cups
- Small/Tiny teaspoon, for topping
- Tweezer, garnishing with cilantro
- Disposable pastry bag with small fluted or plain tip *
- Egg platter
- 12 Lg Eggs, sliced in half and yolks reserved
- 2 T Cream Cheese
- 1/3 C Mayonaise
- 2 t Dijon, mustard
- 1 T Rice wine vinegar
- 1 t Garlic, finely minced/grated
- 1 t Indian Curry Chili paste *
- 1 t Curry powder
- Fresh ground Sea Salt and White Pepper to taste
- 1/4 t Coriander seeds *
- 1/4 t Green peppercorns *
- 1/4 t Mustard seeds *
- 1/4 t Cumin seeds *
- 1/8 t Cardamon seeds *
- Pinch of ginger, cinnamon, and turmeric
- 1/2-1 C Tomato Chutney *
- 1 Bu Mint leaves, Chiffonade (cut into thin like ribbons)
Chef Gerrie's Notes
- Dash Rapid 12 Egg Cooker this is a great little machine. It steams up to 12 hard or soft boiled, poaches 7 eggs, and/or makes a frittata or open omelette. With the help of a tiny needle insertion,perfectly cooked eggs every time! Just plunge the eggs as soon as they are done in ice cold water…shells just peel right off. It is a must have for the devil egg lovers!
- Eggs, well this is optional, but I boil up a few extra to have more yolk volume in my filling…bigger fill
- Disposable pastry bag with small fluted or plain tip is optional, but it sure makes those deviled eggs gorgeous beauties. And the deposable bags are great…just trow them away…But save the tips. This package may be a bit much…but who knows you may be the next cake decorator of the world!
- Indian Curry Chili paste is a delicious complex flavor of India’s spices rolled up into one convenient tube. Entube makes also a Harissa Chili Paste one.
- Coriander Seeds, Green Peppercorns, Mustard Seeds, Cumin Seeds, and Cardamon Seeds are incredible spices when toasted in a DRY pan, then ground in a coffee mill. The aroma alone will leave you traveling to Mumbai. Now if you can’t toast and grind your spices buy Vindaloo by Teeny Tiny Spice Company their spices are amazing!!!
- Hard boil your 12 eggs
- Chill in ice water as soon as you can transfer (Handle) them, then carefully peel them.
- Pat dry and slice in half, reserving yolks to be put into food processor.
- Toast and grind coriander seeds, green peppercorns, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, and cardamon seeds together in coffee grinder.
- Process yolks first. then add cream cheese, mayo, curry chili paste, curry powder, mustard, ground spices, and rice vinegar. Be sure to add a pinch of ginger, cinnamon, and turmeric. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Load tip into pastry bag and fill with the egg-a-licious filling.
- Garnish with tiny spoonful of tomato chutney and mint.