This is not your everyday King Ranch Chicken casserole..where you use
cans of creamy mushroom and creamy chicken soup. Oh baby, just hold
on for the sexiest tasting King Ranch Chicken, you’ll ever have! Slather
it up with my Mediterranean and Southwestern Slathers. And don’t
forget the Pickled Red Onions as a garnish on top.You may just Like it
4 Qt. Le Creuset Stoneware or glass casserole dish
4 1/2 Qt. Le Creuset Dutch Oven or deep dish brassier
1 Rubber Spatula, heat resistant
Measuring Cups and spoons
1 1/2 lb Cooked pulled Chicken Breast (Pulled cooked chicken
breast, 3 lb pkg from Costco) Cut it in half and save other portion for
something else), cubed into 1-2˝ pieces.
9 oz Chef Gerrie’s Mediterranean Roasted Red Pepper Slather
9 oz Chef Gerrie’s Southwestern Roasted Green pepper Slather
1-2 T Ghee or Olive oil (Costco is the best to buy Ghee)
1 lg Onion, diced 1/4˝
2 Ribs celery, diced 1/4˝
5-6 Garlic cloves, minced
6 Mushrooms, cut in half and sliced
1-2 T Adobo, seasoning
1/2-1 t Sea salt
1/2-1 t Crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 C Marsala wine or white wine
2/3 C Flour
1 pt Heavy cream
1-2 C Chicken stock
1/4 C Cilantro, chopped (reserve 1 t for garnish)
1/4 C Italian parsley, chopped (reserve 1 t for garnish)
2/3 C Scallions, chopped (reserve 1 t for garnish)
6-8 Corn Tortillas, cut into triangles
1-2 C Sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1. In a medium-hot Dutch Oven, add ghee then follow with onions,
celery, mushrooms, and sauté until glassy. Then add garlic and
cook for 3-4 minutes.
2. Season with adobo, salt and red pepper flakes, cook for a couple on
minutes. Add wine and reduce wine by half.
3. Lower heat add flour and stir well (you’ll notice that the flour has
bound up the cooked veggies)
4. Add heavy cream and chicken stock. Stir well.
5. Follow with chicken, Mediterranean and Southwestern Slathers,
cook mixture until thicken.
6. Stir in cilantro and parsley. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
Then turn off heat.
7. Preheat oven to 350° F.
8. Start the layering, spray stoneware/ceramic dish with Pam. First
spread a couple of big spoonfuls of chicken mixture, then, lay out
half of the tortillas pieces, sprinkle with scallions, and cheese.
Repeat layering and garnish with herbs and scallions on top.
9. Bake for 30-40 minutes. Garnish with Pickled Red Onions