Mediterranean Roasted Vegetables over Creamy Polenta
Get ready roasted vegetables to lay down upon this creamy-cheesy bed of polenta.
What better support to have…except the addition of my Mediterranean Roasted Red Pepper Slather!
Put the “sexy factor” back into your roasted veggies…
You may just like it TOO much!
Large mixing bowl
Large sheet pan
3 Quart cast iron braiser or dutch oven, 10” width.
Rubber spatula or spoon, heat resistant
Measuring cups and spoons
Roasting Vegetables (Your choice of course, try to keep cuts uniform to roast evenly)
9 oz Chef Gerrie’s Mediterranean Roasted Red Pepper Slather
1 C Eggplant, skin on and diced 1/2 inch
1 C Zucchini, skin on and diced 1/2 inch
1 C Butternut Squash, peeled and diced 1/2 inch
1 C Onion, diced 1/2 inch
1 C Mushrooms, small, de-stemmed and quarter
1/2 C Parsnips, peeled and diced 1/2 inch
1/2 C Celery, diced in 1/2 inch
1/4 C Garlic, chopped small
2-3 Sprigs of fresh thyme
1 Sprig of fresh rosemary
1/2 t Crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 C Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/4 C Fig balsamic glaze or vinegar(if using vinegar add a little brown sugar)
Large pinch of sea salt and crushed black pepper to taste
1/2 C Chopped fresh Italian parsley
1/4 C Fresh basil, chiffonade (cut into fine strips)
2 t Lemon zest
1 t Orange zest
4 C Water, plus more as needed
4 C Milk, plus more as needed
3 T Butter
2 t Salt
2 C Polenta
1/2 C Mascarpone or Creme fraiche
1/3 C Parmigiano-Reggiano
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all roasting vegetables in large mixing bowl, add herbs, crushed red peppers, EVEO and fig balsamic. Follow with S&P. Toss well.
- Lay out seasoned veggies out on aluminum foil, lined sheet pan For easy clean-up. Roast for 20-30 minutes.
- Pour Mediterranean Slather on top of roasted veggies and toss together. Turn off oven and leave roasted veggies in oven for another 3-4 minutes just to heat up slather.
- While veggies are roasting, in 3 qtr brasier, bring water and milk up to a boil. Add butter and salt.
- Gently whisk in polenta into hot liquid, stirring constantly.
- Once polenta starts to thicken, lower heat to simmer.
- Once thicken, remove from heat and stir in Mascarpone and Parmesan cheese.
- Top polenta with roasted vegetables and sprinkle on parsley, basil, lemon and orange zest.
- Serve and enjoy the exotic and sexy flavors!