Outrageous Pumpkin Centerpiece
It’s really easy to do and so much fun to make! You’ll need to start by building the food stand * so grab your electric drill and if you need to, stop by natural Stone Shops, Home Depot, or Lowe’s…I promise, it will be worth it!
Trust me, your friends and family members will freak out! I’ll show you step-by-step how to do it and what you need…but that’s not all!
I’ve also got a full Halloween buffet menu to go around your centerpiece for an all-in-one effect. Here’s what I’m serving this holiday (and you can too!):
- Frankenstein’s Bones (Baby Back Ribs)
- Eggs in Purgatory (Poached Eggs in Italian Country Ragu)
- Oiled Intestines (Spaghetti tossed in Olive Oil, Herbs, and Parmesan)
- Charred Garden Veggies (Roasted Vegetables)
- Maggot Salad (Ancient Grains, Peppers, Olives, Cucumber, & Herbs)
- Red Devil Cake with Green Slime Icing (Red Velvet Bundt Cake)
Chef Gerrie’s Notes:
* Food stand: Once this food stand is complete, the possibilities are endless…a pineapple fruit tree or a watermelon cactus for a summer luau, a Christmas tree of cake for the holidays…so keep this close and let your creative self go wild. It’s one giant skew or shish kebab of sorts! here’s what you’ll need…
- 12 x 14 x 1 ¼ inch granite or quartzite slab, honed finished (durability is the key)
- 3 foot solid stainless steel rod, ½ inch in diameter with sharpened end
The rod needs to be epoxied into center of slab
Now let’s get spooky…I mean started.
- Food stand
- Electric drill with 1/2 inch drill bit
- Extra large wooden board or sided full sheet pan
- Topper or wreath from florist (Oasis base only) based on theme of centerpiece
- Assortment of Halloween figures and decorations
- Cinderella pumpkins and gourds
- Clear push pins
- Double stick tape (optional)
- Candles (optional)
1. Assemble food stand and place on large wooden board.
Food stand on table atop a large wooden board.
2. Organize your materials. Get your pumpkins in place your gourds going because it’s almost time to impale!
Amber from Maple Valley Farm where I got all my pumpkins and gourds, thanks Amber!
3. Cinderella pumpkins and crazy gourd.
4. Impale the pumpkins and gourds with the food stand however your dark side desires.
First impaled Cinderella pumpkin.
White pumpkin being lowered onto the food stand.
Now that everyone’s been impaled, let’s decorate!
5. Decorate your centerpiece with whatever you like! This is the really fun part. Make it a Fall centerpiece with Autumn leaves and flowers, or make it scary with Halloween themed figures.Use push pins, tape, glue, whatever works best to make the centerpiece for your holiday. Add candles, more gourds, Halloween decorations, etc. around the base to up the holiday fun!
Ta-da! Fall-themed centerpiece with floral topper, Yugoslavian white gourds and snake squash decorations.
Close up of the floral topper.
From Fall to freaky! Just add the right Halloween decorations.
Ghoulish gourmets and centerpiece.