Southwest Beef Filet
For The Sauce…
1/4 C Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
1 Onion, diced
4 Garlic cloves, minced
2 Chipotle Peppers, canned
1 Chile Ancho, dried deseeded, stem removed and chopped
9 oz Southwest Roasted Green Pepper Slather
For The Beef:
8 Beef Filets, 5-6 oz each
Salt & Pepper or (favorite steak seasoning mix)
2 T Butter
1/2 C EVOO
1/2 C Red Wine, Zinfandel
1 C Beef stock
For The Garnish:
8/3oz Slices of Manchego or Monterey Jack Cheese
- Sauté diced onions, once glassy add garlic, chipotle peppers, and ancho Chile. Cook until Chile ancho has soften.
- Puree mixture and reserve into a bowl along with Southwest Roasted Green Pepper Slather.
- Prepare the steaks: season beef filets with salt and pepper.
- In a hot black iron skillet, add oil and butter. Sear steaks on both sides, turning only once…3-4 minutes each side for medium-rare. Remove and let rest.
- In same skillet, add wine to pan juices and reduce by half. Then follow with stock and reduce that to about half.
- Add Southwest Roasted Green Pepper Slather mixture to sauce and simmer for 3 minutes just to heat up.
- Lay cheese on top of each steak and broil until melted.
- Ladle small amount of sauce just to cover bottom plate. Then dip corn tortillas into sauce, one at a time, then place over sauce on plate. Top with steak then drape with sauce, garnish with cilantro.