Zesty Shrimp and Lump Crabmeat Cocktail is always a “must have” at your next party! It’s also so fun for a Derby Day party.
Shrimp and Lump Crabmeat is so easy to make and always a winner…you can bet on that!
It is a VERY SIMPLE recipe:
Boil up the already peeled and devein large shrimp (21-25 count) for extra flavor with Old Bay Seasoning, sea salt, and cut lemon and limes.
Toss cook shrimp with pasteurized colossal lump crabmeat, Garlic Expressions Vinaigrette, fresh herbs, spices, and juices of lemons and limes with their zest.
And you have it! Serve it up in individual plastic shot glasses with mini spoons. A beautiful presentation that will win you applause.
- Stock pot
- Large mixing bowl
- Chef Knife
- Serving spoon
- 30-40 3″ Plastic Shot Glasses with tiny spoons *
- 2 1/2 Lb Raw Shrimp, 21-25 count, peeled and deveined
- 1 Lb Pasteurized Colossal Lump Crabmeat, drained
- 1-2 Bu Scallions, chopped
- 1/2 C Italian parsley, minced
- 1/2 C Dill plumes, rough chopped
- 1 t Crushed red chili flakes
- 4 oz Diced pimentos, drained
- 1 Btl Garlic Expressions salad dressing *
- Salt and pepper to taste
Chef Gerrie’s Notes *
*Plastic shot glasses by SimpleHomeCo. 3 oz Dessert Cups with Mini Spoons are fabulous. Premium Quality Clear Plastic Appetizer Bowls, Small Tasting & Fruit Parfait Glasses, Shooters, Tumblers, and disposable. The best thing is that it has a higher back so food won’t spill out when eating. It makes a great presentation and they come in a pack of 40 with mini spoons. And price is very reasonable on Amazon.
* Garlic Expressions salad dressing is a go to vinaigrette when you don’t have the time to make your own.
- Bring to a boil