Get ready for an explosion of big flavors in this “Sexy” Caribbean
Shrimp Curry recipe. My Caribbean Slather and Glace de Mer
Gold from More Than Gourmet are the secret ingredients that
puts this Shrimp Curry over the top. Serve it over white Jasmine
or Basmati Rice
Chef’s Note: If you want to serve with rice…start the rice first,
because this Caribbean Shrimp Curry comes together fast if prep
is done ahead. You just do not want to over cook your shrimp!
• Large soup pot/rondeau 4 qts
• Heat proof spatular or large spoon
• Chef Knife
• Measuring spoons and cups
• 1 1/2 lb Large shrimp thawed, peeled, de-veined
• 2 T Ghee or olive oil
• 1 medium onion diced small
• 3-4 cloves garlic minced
• 1 t fresh ginger, grated
• 3 T (heaping) curry paste…can use Thai Red Curry
• 1 C White wine
• 32 oz. Seafood or chicken broth
• 1/2 tablespoon fish sauce
• 1 (13.5 fluid ounces) can full-fat coconut milk
• 2 T Glace de Fruits de Mer Gold (More Than Gourmet)
• 1/2- 1 Red bell pepper roasted, seeds & skin removed and
• 1/2- 1 Green bell pepper or Poblano roasted, seeds & skin
removed and diced small
• 1 jar Chef Gerrie’s Caribbean Slather- Flavor Booster *
• 1 habanero, seeds removed, small dice * Optional
• 1 Lime zested and lime juice to taste
• Salt & pepper to taste
• 1/4 + C fresh cilantro chopped
• 1/4 + C fresh basil chopped
• 1/4 + C Scallions chopped
1. You’ll be sautéing, so have your soup pot hot (over medium high
heat) before adding the ghee or oil and onion to a soup pot.
Sauté the onion for 5 minutes.
2. Stir in the garlic, ginger, and curry paste and cook for 30 seconds.
3. Add the white wine and reduce by almost half then follow with
seafood/chicken broth and fish sauce. Let it come just up to a boil
and cook for a couple of minutes.
4. Reduce the heat and stir in the coconut milk, lime zest, and
Glace de Mer.
5. Add the shrimp and red & green pepper and Habanero (optional)
along with the whole jar of my Caribbean Slather. Let the soup
simmer gently (no crazy boil) for 5 minutes or until the shrimp are
6. Add lime juice to taste and salt & pepper as needed.
7. Add the cilantro, basil, and scallions prior to serving. Serve over
jasmine or basmati white rice.