1 lg Eggplant, peeled, sliced ½ inch slices
1 t Kosher salt
4 Xtra large eggs, beaten well
1/2 Bu Italian Parsley, minced
1/2 t Salt
1/4 t Crushed Red Pepper
1 C AP Flour
*Olive Oil for Frying
1 C Balsamic Vinegar
2-3 Garlic cloves, smashed
1 t Brown sugar
1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1-2 Sprigs Rosemary, Fresh (needles only)
*Sauce pot for Glaze
1/2 C Butter, melted
1t Herbs de Provence or favorite dry herb mix
Salt and pepper to taste
12 French Baguette, sliced 1/4 inch slices
*Sheet pan with rack to toast
4-6 oz. Goat cheese, softened
2/3 C Mediterranean Roasted Red Pepper Slather
12 Italian Parsley, plumes
- Peel eggplant and slice in ½ inch slices and sweat (Sprinkle well with salt, lay flat on sheet paper until you see water beads…then flip and repeat.
- While eggplant sweats, make balsamic glaze. In a sauce pot, combine balsamic vinegar, garlic, honey or sug olive oil and rosemary. Bring to a strong simmer and remove from heat source. Reserve.
- Beat eggs well and add parsley.
- Place flour into another bowl for dusting eggplant.
- Bring Olive Oil to 350 degrees. When ready dredge eggplant in flour then dip into egg and parsley mixture and fry until golden. Place on rack over a sheet pan to drain.
- Once eggplant are done. Layer eggplant in deep sided container spread on balsamic glaze over each layer. Cover with a tight fitting lid and marinate at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Slice French bread into 1/4″ oblong pieces, butter and lightly toast on both sides.
- Cut marinated eggplant into small triangular pieces to fit the crostini’s slice.
- Smear each crostini with goat cheese, top with eggplant and garnish with Mediterranean Slather and 1 parsley plume .